675 C South Jefferson Avenue
Cookeville, TN 38501
• Thorough evaluation to determine muscle imbalances, joint restrictions, muscle spasm and fascial restrictions, spinal and extremity motion and strength deficits.
• Individualized exercise program including spinal stabilization, range of motion and strengthening exercises, use of aerobic and weight training equipment, kinesiotape to encourage correct muscle recruitment, and use of exercise balls and other equipment to aid in recovery.
• Manual techniques including joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release, muscle energy techniques, neural mobilization, and manual cervical traction
• Ultrasound and electrical stimulation to reduce pain, improve blood flow, and promote muscle relaxation
• Spinal decompression/ traction for the lumbar and cervical spine to promote blood flow and nutrients to the spinal structures, promote reduction in disc displacement, reduce compression of spinal nerves, reduce symptoms in the spine or extremities including pain, numbness, tingling, and burning
• Ergonomic training for correct body mechanics
Balance and Vestibular Treatments Provided
• Balance retraining to improve the coordination of muscle and joint responses with input from the eyes and inner ears
• Canalith repositioning maneuvers: removing deposits from a patient's semi-circular canal by moving the patient's head in a sequence of positions
• Vestibular adaptation, habituation, and substitution exercises to improved the brain's ability to interpret the input from the inner ear
• Gait training, including recommendations for an appropriate assistive device if needed
• Range of motion, strengthening, and endurance exercises of the trunk and extremities
• All computerized evaluation equipment also provides full range of treatment programs to aid in recovery.
Participant and Co-Organizer of the Upper Cumberland Fitness Cooperative
Balance and Vestibular Evaluation
• Computerized Dynamic Posturography with Neurocom Smart Equitest
• Computerized dynamic visual acuity and gaze stabilization assessments with Neurocom inVision equipment
• Computerized Dynavision Hand-Eye coordination tests
• Balance assessment using standardized tests
• Oculomotor assessment to evaluate eye movements in various positions with and without magnified goggles
• Gait and postural assessment
• Assessment of muscle strength, range of motion, tone, and sensation